You have been assigned ONE of the following works of art. Your assigned artwork is listed directly ABOVE your name.?
- Alexander Calder Flamingo, 1974
- Evelyn, Nacima, Dalal, Jennifer, Keegan, Digna
- Marc Chagall Four Seasons, 1974
- Courtney, Lorraine, Toweeka, Katelin, Leah, Denise
- Pablo Picasso Untitled, 1967 (also referred to as: “The Chicago Picasso”)
- Franko, Stacey, Jaylah, Rachel, Jamie, Kessia, Maria
- Anish Kapoor Cloud Gate, 2006 (also referred to as:? “The Bean”)
- Mark, Jabri, Adelina, Katlyn, Deana, Persephone, Briana
- Jaume Plensa Crown Fountain, 2004
- Paul, Yunai, Charles (Trey), Kunal, Mia, Aida
In your initial post, imagine you are a tour guide leading a tour of your assigned artwork in downtown Chicago.? Write a script of what you would say when you visit the work of art. You will need to do research in order to answer your questions and create your script. ? In your script, make sure to:
- Describe the work of art in detail: What does it look like? What is the medium? Where is it located???
- Describe and discuss the context: How does the historical, social, personal/narrative, political and/or scientific context impact how you understand the work of art? Make sure to use your textbook (Chapter 5) to support you with your discussion of context.
- Describe and discuss its connection to our lives:? What purpose best describes this work of art:? Expression? Unification/exclusion? Communication? Protest/shock? Celebration/commemoration? Worship? Information/education/inspiration??
- Ask a question: Pose a question that you would like your classmates to consider in their response to your post.
- Properly cite any sources you consulted to help you understand the artwork and its context at the end of your post
Around 250 words