UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS, DALLAS
OBHR 3330 SPRING 2022
Introduction to Human Resources
Opinion Paper ? Guidelines and Questions
1. Cover page ? name, course & section, date and title
2. Table of contents
3. Executive summary
4. Question answers (approximately 1 page per answer)
5. References (Links are acceptable)
Notes: Please submit your paper using Turn-it-in on Blackboard by the due date
Write the executive summary last (hint)
Paper should be SINGLE-SPACED, DOUBLE-SPACED IS UNACCEPTABLE and the paper will not be graded
Use 10pt ? 12pt type
Support all your thoughts and conclusions with references/links
1. As discussed in class this semester, employment laws are relaxing, and more employers are open to hiring people with a felony criminal past. Do you believe hiring ex-felons is a good strategy? Yes or No and Why?
2. What criteria do you feel would be appropriate to for the candidate with a federal or state prison record to meet? What criteria would automatically disqualify a candidate from being hired for specific positions? Explain why you selected the criteria and provide an example of an ex-felon you would hire and an ex-felon you would not hire and why.
3. Do you feel hiring an applicant with a criminal past is a significant risk to an organization and the employees of the organization? Yes or No and Why? What are a couple of three potential risks and how would you mitigate these risks?
4. When you hire an ex-felon, do you feel the employee would be more dedicated and loyal to the company because you provided him/her an opportunity for employment? Yes or No and Why?
Paper is due March 11, only electronic copies submitted through Turn-it-in on Blackboard please.