You are analyzing the supply chain. A thriving global supply chain operation requires various business functions, including marketing, human resources (HR), and finance. Each position contributes both individually and through collaborating across functions to execute the processes necessary to operate the supply chain.
Use this template to complete the assignment: (Use the attached Template)
For this assignment, complete the following:
- The introduction should introduce the reader to marketing, HR, and finance in a global supply chain operation.
- Write an analysis comparing each global supply chain function and how all three work together to solve operational problems. Consider the following:
- How marketing strengthens the company’s competitive position and builds internal and external relationships that support operational efficiency
- How HR is directly or indirectly related to the supply chain
- Why integrating financial services into supply chain management is about finding new opportunities for cost reductions
- The conclusion should summarize your key points.
Your analysis should be 3 pages in length. Be sure to properly cite your sources using APA. Include your references and in-text citations.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 3 pages minimum
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person.
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.
Unit 1 Assignment
Functional Responsibilities Analysis
American InterContinental University
Delete highlighted information.
The introduction is the best opportunity to convince your audience that you have something worthwhile to say (one solid paragraph). An introduction can accomplish this by fulfilling six important responsibilities, as follows:
1. Get the audience’s attention.
2. Introduce the topic.
3. Explain its relevance to the audience.
4. State a thesis or purpose.
5. Outline the main points.
6. Be half a page in length.
Business Function Responsibilities Analysis
Review the table below, which highlights each global supply chain function. Write a 2-page analysis that compares each global supply chain function and how they work together to solve operational problems. Be sure to consider the following:
1. How marketing strengthens the company’s competitive position and builds internal and external relationships that support operational efficiency.
2. How HR is directly or indirectly related to the supply chain.
3. Why integrating financial services into supply chain management is about finding new opportunities for cost reductions.
Supply Chain Responsibilities
Communicates information about products, prices, availability, discounts, order tracking, and so on to help improve understanding of market demand and initiatives in support of planning
Uses existing HRM programs to improve the efficiency of supply chain members
Provides financial analysis and forecasting to identify risks to implementation plans, enables cost reduction, and streamlines plans.
The conclusion is the last thing that the reader will remember about your essay.
1. The conclusion should be a summary of the highlights of your statement of purpose.
2. The conclusion should include the main points of the statement of purpose.
3. The conclusion should be as well-constructed and grammatically correct as everything.
4. The conclusion should be half a page in length.
Linton, I. (2019, January 25). Role of marketing in supply chain management. Bizfluent. https://bizfluent.com/info-8013303-role-marketing-supply-chain-management.html